A wrote "Throwing in the Towel" a week ago and said that I asked my nMom to go on a cruise with me on my birthday this year and she told me "No." This week I called her and asked her if she had thought any more about going and if so, would she go with me. She said "Yes" she would go.
So we are planning our first vacation together. For me it is very exciting. I am not sure what we are going to do for at least 2 days at sea on a big ship, but we will have fun. My Mom has been on many cruises and this will be my first. I have traveled all over the world, but have not made the time to cruise around.
I talked with her today and I told her that I had bought the tickets for the cruise and airline and we were committed. She told me that she had been having second thoughts about going and asked if I had had the same thoughts. I told her that I had not had a one and I was excited about going. I am usually the one that starts having second thoughts and backs out, but this time, I am confident and comfortable.
Oh, my sister, well, Mom finally told her that we were going and she told our mom that it was ok with her. Maybe everyone is finally growing up in our family, including me.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so cool, going on vacation with your nmom. A cruise especially. You will have time together -- fun times and hopefully some meaningful, bonding times. I would give anything to have that with my son, even after 11 years. Our reunion has been a bit too real life. Not enough time to just be. Despite second thoughts, hers or yours, just do it and see what comes.
Thanks Denise for the encouraging comment.
YAYYY!!!!!
I don't want to sound maudlin, but this is a beacon of hope.
Spending time with my daughter, just time together, is so precious. To be together is healing. I am happy to hear your sister is growing up too. Maybe each person's growth encourages the others.
Post a Comment