My parents told me that I was adopted when I was very young. Oh, probably around 4 or 5 years old. I then learned that "I was special because I was adopted". For a couple of years that was great, that I was special, but then special became a bad word.
I remember thinking "Oh yeah, I am so special that my own mother who gave birth to me didn't want me. I was so special that I could never see my mother ever again in my life and I should get over what was in my heart for her."
SPECIAL! Yep, what a word.
I remember when I was in elementary school, my schoolmates would make fun of me because I was adopted and special. "You are so special because you were not wanted by anyone and your parents got you because no one else wanted you." Wow! what kids say. I did finally get over the pain and hurt that caused, but still today I hate the word special.
No comments:
Post a Comment